Mock Draft Top 10

I’ve just about had it with Todd McShay and Mel Kiper dominating SportsCenter and every other sports network that covers the upcoming draft. I mean what does Mel do after the drafts over? Does he lock himself in his basement and work on hair helmets? Or does he have another job besides over-analyzing the draft and getting picks totally wrong?

As I sat Christian Pondering these questions I decided to come up with my own mock draft of the top ten picks and match it up with Kiper’s and McShay’s. My first 10 picks for a season that might not even occur is as follows:

1st pick — Cam Newton QB (Auburn)

2nd pick — Marcell Dareus DE (Alabama)

3rd pick — Blaine Gabbert QB (Mizzou)

4th pick — Patrick Peterson DB (LSU)

5th pick — Von Miller OLB (Texas A&M)

6th pick — AJ Green WR (‘Dawgs)

7th pick — Prince Amukamara DB (Nebraska)

8th pick — Nick Fairley DT (Auburn)

9th pick — Tyron Smith OL (USC)

10th pick — Julio Jones WR (Alabama)

Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Fantasy Sports Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

11 Responses to “Mock Draft Top 10”

1. the hinrich maneuver says:

Musa Smith #1!!!!!!!!

2. The Fantasy Flukie says:

Though Newton at #1 is a lil cooky I get the need. Carolina Needs a QB. It is obvious the tard won’t make it from Notre Dame.

I like the #10 spot. The Redskins are dying at WR and Rex Grossman is a pick away from sitting at home with Vinnie Testaverde!

3. Taylor Dechant says:

I went out on a limb with the Blaine Gabbert pick, but Bills GM has hinted that Gabbert would be a perfect protege under Fitzpatrick

4. seth pollock says:

Is this really even an article. It basicly lists eveyones top 10 lists online. Hire me back and i will do much better then this piece.

5. Taylor Dechant says:

Seth theres only so many people that can be in the top ten. everyones going to have similar drafts. and find me where theres an exact replica of my draft and then talk shit

6. Dale says:

Seth sounds lik sour grapes to me. Maybe if you weren’t such a lousey writer you wouldn’t have been fired in the first place lol.

• Seth Pollock says:

Dale you are the MAN unlike the Doushante guy.

• Dale says:

Thanks Seth but it doesn’t change the fact that Talyor is a better writer than you lol.

• Taylor Dechant says:

Thanks Dale I appreciate it. And Seth, your right. It is just a list….which was exactly what I intended it to be. You want me to write and article? Ill have one up tonight. On a side note, dont comment on my articles like that. Your input is obviously unwanted on this website

7. Seth Pollock says:

Dousheant just because you cannot write does not mean you should be having a potty mouth on this family friendly site. Oliver is the only real writer on this site. Oliver breaks things down and gives analysis while you Dousheant just but up a lame list. When I get hired back I will make a top 10 list about how you should not subject anyone to your poorly written lack of content lame articles.

8. C Dousheant says:

Speculatory gab about an event that hasn’t taken place never made much sense to me, nor does post day draft grading. All seems a tad premature and as a guy anything premature could be terminal.

Mock drafts are like the night before Christmas as kid, you go to the tree pick up each gift shake it and pretend you know what it is only to find out the next morning, the present is the polar opposite of what you originally thought it was. You never know how the draft will pan out, trades, jumpers (players that jump up a teams draft board because he fits a team need as opposed to being drafted strictly off talent) and players being passed on because they might be difficult to sign. All of which make the draft exciting to watch but to speculate about???? Not so much. Time better spent scouring the fantasy baseball waiver wire and adjusting rosters. Arguing that “he’s to high” or “he’s to low” is aimless conjecture because theirs a Tyson Alualo in every draft that busts everyone’s mock.

That being said, keep up the good work Tay.